Welcome to fleming’s documentation!¶
Fleming contains a set of routines for doing datetime manipulation. Named after Sandford Fleming, the father of worldwide standard timezones, this package is meant to aid datetime manipulations with regards to timezones.
Fleming addresses some of the common difficulties with timezones and datetime objects, such as performing arithmetic and datetime truncation across a Daylight Savings Time border. It also provides utilities for generating date ranges and getting unix times with respect to timezones.
Fleming accepts pytz timezone objects as parameters, and it is assumed that the user has a basic understanding of pytz. Click here for more information about pytz.
A brief description of each function in this package is below. More detailed descriptions and advanced usage of the functions follow after that. Click on the function names to go to their detailed descriptions.
- convert_to_tz : Converts a datetime object into a provided timezone.
- add_timedelta : Adds a timedelta to a datetime object.
- floor : Rounds a datetime object down to the previous time interval.
- ceil : Rounds a datetime object up to the next time interval.
- intervals : Gets a range of times at a given timedelta interval.
- unix_time : Returns a unix time stamp of a datetime object.